Friday, May 8, 2009

Don't mind her, she's talking to herself again.

'Reflection' by Sulamith Wülfing

Throughout the Twilight series, both Edward and Bella find themselves questioning their good fortune and belief that someone could actually love them.  Maybe they held a conversation like this with themselves? Maybe we've all held conversations like this with ourselves?  Maybe I need to quit drinking and writing....


Enjoy.


A Conversation

by Tess


The Heart:  “Come. Let me love you”


It's Desire:  “But why do you love me?”


The Heart:  (Laughs) “How can I not!”


It's Desire:  (sigh) “Help me understand...”


The Heart:  “Who can explain the heart?”


It's Desire:  “Try”


The Heart:  (shrugs) “Without the heart, you cannot feel love.

If not for love, you'd never feel your heart”


It's Desire: “Ah! So you need me!”


The Heart:  “We're intertwined; We cannot 

exist without the other”


It's Desire:  “You're not afraid?”


The Heart:  “Love makes me fearless”


It's Desire:  “So I make you strong?”


The Heart:  (laughs) “No... You make me weak”


It's Desire:  “Then why risk it?”


The Heart:  “Because.. it makes me feel alive; and love.. is

the simplest celebration of life.”


It's Desire: “I'm afraid.”


The Heart:  “Shhhh...Come. Just let me love you.”



Love,

Tess


4 comments:

Rose said...

*sigh*

Oh Tess.
This post really GOT to me.

I so adore you.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've hit truth on the head with this one, my dear. Our internal monologue is sometimes our own worst enemy.

Your inner poet is showing again with this - I love it. Let the heart speak. It knows what it's talking about.

Tess said...

Thank you both for your comments. I can't even begin to tell you how much they mean to me.

Tess said...

I miss you so much.