Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sshh! She's Serious...

On my blog, I spend quite a bit of time writing about things I observe, Robert Pattinson, and the pastbut I don't write about my present. Today, I'm breaking with tradition because this is important to me.


In August, a friend asked if I'd be interested in participating in a half-marathon she organised to benefit women in the Congo. The more she shared, the more emotionally invested I became. But here's the clincher... I am not a runner. I'll do virtually any other type of cardiovascular exercise except running.


I signed up to walk it.


Fast forward to the first day of training.... Have you ever tried to walk 22km? JFC! This is taking forever!


Fast forward again to two days before the race... I now own running shoes and feel confident I will finish before dark.



Please keep me in your thoughts this Saturday, November 20th, as myself and a fabulous group of women walk, jog, run, or stagger our way around McRitchie Reservoir, Singapore.


If you're interested in learning more, please click on the following:


Run for Congo Women


Women for Women International



That's it for now.


Love,

Tess


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Will be thinking of you... YOU CAN DO IT! The reason you are running alone will be your strength!

XOXO

Tess said...

Thank you Kelly. You have no idea how much your words mean to me. I really appreciate it.

xo
Tess

kimberlesk said...

Well, how was it? Waiting to hear what a great time you had!