Wednesday, June 3, 2009

*whispers* I See Literary Characters...

'Farewell' by Sulamith Wülfing

Over the past several days, I've been bombarded with images and thoughts ~ of leaving, letting go, and bittersweet reunions.   This poem is the result.

 



Leave Taking

by Tess



When you go, please leave something behind.


Leave me with my memories.


I want to remember the feel of you, like balm, against my skin.

What would I give to delight in your touch?


The weight of your lips against mine.

How far would I travel to breathe in the sweetness of you?


The sound of your voice in my ears.

which soothes and carries away my sighs 


Leave me with my memories


I want to close my eyes and see you outlined by the sun

As if you were the source of it's light


Hear your whispered words in the dark

As we lay listening to the night


Is there more than the pain of your leaving?

 Who really remembers pain? you only fear it returning


Leave me with my memories

So I can remember...until you come back to me.






Love,

Tess

3 comments:

Rose said...

BEAUTIFUL TESS!!!!

Wow... my heart is aching just reading that...

LOVE YOU!

Rose

Anonymous said...

Okay you made me cry. Now I have mascara running down my eye.

So beautiful! Thank you.

Tess said...

waiting.