Tuesday, June 2, 2009

EUREKA!


This is one of my favorite photo's of Rob. 
 
I know it's just a screen cap, but I feel it somehow captures who he is ~ not just the outside, but on the inside as well.  I look at this, and I feel like he'd have some very interesting things to say ~ and it makes me wish I could hear them.

Something about this photo also seemed incredibly familiar to me. But why?  It's been niggling for months, until I recently came across this...

'Adonis' Dream' by Richard Franklin

Richard Franklin is an American modern day artist, who has lived and studied the old masters abroad.   His 'Adonis' Dream' isn't exactly what I'm seeing in my minds eye ~ perhaps this was partially influenced by something else, but it's pretty close, so I'm satisfied for now.  



Love,
Tess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!!! There we go. Adonis reincarnate - sent to entice us with his beauty and charm. And we are powerless to resist.

Good eye Tess.

Trixie said...

Tess!

I love, LOVE, these comparisons!

As AJ said, you have an amazing eye - please keep doing this.

BTW - Rob IS a work of art...

Tess said...

Just in case you're wondering... I miss you.


XOXOXOXOTess