Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Reminder From Thumper's Mom

"If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all"


The endless speculation and dissection of Robert Pattinson's personal life has been on the tips of everyone's tongue, and fingers, for the past several weeks. Unfortunately, for all involved, it will probably continue to be so.  Many people near and dear to my heart have already addressed the situation, but I'm of the belief that voices joined together can have a powerful affect on a situation, so I'm adding mine.

To Whom it May Concern:

1.  There is a fine line between being a fan and a fanatic.  Don't cross it.
2.  You are entitled to your opinion, but learn when to STFU!
3.  Unless you are inside his mind, or #1 on his speed dial, you have no idea what Rob is thinking, feeling, or doing.  These are the facts.  Deal with them.
4.  Petty is never pretty
5.  Who Rob dates is nor more of your business, than who you date is his. 
6.  Rob does not need your approval of anyone he chooses to date. Whether you think she is: pretty enough, young enough, old enough, thin enough, smart enough, or GOOD enough... is irrelevant.
7.  Rob drinks.  So what?
7.  Rob smokes. So what?
8.  Rob has friends of the opposite sex. So what?
9.  Rob has friends of the same sex.  So what?
10. You do not have the right to pass judgement on anything he does. Seriously, think about this.
11. Just because Rob is a public figure does not give you the right to interrupt his private life. 
12. Get over your preconceived notions.
13. Rob is an entertainer. You might enjoy hearing or seeing him perform, but ultimately, he's not responsible for your happiness.  If you're entertaining ideas of another nature, I suggest you seek professional help.
14. Definition of the word Obsess:
 
obsess |əbˈses|verb [ trans. (usu. be obsessed
preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent

~If any part of this definition sounds familiar, again, I suggest you seek professional help.
15. You cannot definitively tell what's going on in a photo by looking at it.  True story.  If you can, call me... there's money to be made.

The sooner you realize each of these things, they happier you'll be.  That's all for now.

Love,
Tess



5 comments:

Trixie said...

Oh Tess! Great rant. I am so tired of all the gossip. It wears on me, truly. Can't we just admire him and his work and let it go at that???

YouAreTheWindBeneathMyWings.org

Rose said...

Tess. Even though I fit some of the terms of obsessed. I truly only want Rob to be happy.
But all the gossip does get tedious.
Unfortunately...this is only the beginning.

GreatMindsThinkAlike.net

Anonymous said...

Well I definitely need professional help, but I think I have the obsession under control. As long as I can blog about it - I'm good. Then I don't take is seriously.

Good points here, Tess. The interminable gossip is draining. I hope he ignores it and realizes we're not all fooled by it.

Tess said...

Oh, please don't think this Post was in anyway directed to any of YOU'S.. I'm crazy nuts (dare I say obsessed) about ya.

XO
Tess

babbles said...

Ahhh Tess, I love your words...