Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Twilight is a work of Art ~ Literally (Ex. A)



From the moment I first saw this promotional image for Twilight, something has been niggling at the back of my mind.  Where had I seen this before?  Had I seen it before... or is it just reminiscent of the many clichéd romance novels I've read? 

I had forgotten all about it, until I recently came across a book while unpacking a box. The book was about a little known German artist named Sulamith Wülfing.  As young girl I was fascinated by her drawings and spent countless hours getting lost in her artwork.

Below is an illustration by Sulamith Wülfing entitled Togetherness. Enjoy.


Love,
Tess

5 comments:

Rose said...

Wow...thats interesting, Tess!

Thanks for sharing.

IHeartYou.com

Trixie said...

Tess!!!

ILoveYourMind.org

This is truly fascinating. Demonstrates, even stronger than words, how the themes in Twilight are truly ageless, timeless...

See, moving wasn't such a bad thing after all hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's fascinating. No wonder the pose just works. Thanks for pointing that out and educating us!

Youareamazing.net

Tess said...

Thank you ALL for staying awake long enough to post a comment.

Tess said...

IMissYou.com