Monday, September 20, 2010

Something Bizarre: Myriapods - The Musical

Millepede'sthey repulse me, and fascinate me.

  • I think about what it would feel like to have one on your skin? Do I dare? Could I stand it?
  • What sort of mindless coordination takes place for it to get moving? Is it mindless?
  • Most eat and live in decaying plant matter... nice.


I spotted this little guy (?), slowly making his way across a path while on holiday this summer. I was mesmerized.







Are you bored? Play the catchy tune and look again ;)



Have you hugged you invertebrate today?



Love,

Tess


Vangelis - Theme from 'Chariots of Fire'

5 comments:

Kelly said...

One word... brilliant...

seriously needed the giggle..

you know what I like about seeing a new post from you.. I never know what you are going to say... yet I am always fascinated by it :)

Have a great week :)

Tess said...

Ahhh... Thanks so much Kelly! Your comments make me smile.

I hope you're humming that tune all week ;)

Unknown said...

Tess!

The photos combined with the music absolutely killed me. And, I have to tell you that I never even considered what sort of coordination would be involved to make all those legs (feet?) move effectively.

I love your mind :)

xoxo Shax

Kaye said...

Hahahaha I LOVE it!! The music with the image was brilliant!

We have these in our house all the time, but I only ever see them curled into a ball. I have never seen one move. Thanks for the photos, now I know what they look like uncurled.

xxoo

Kat said...

Why bother with the legs... it wuld just be easier to be a worm... no?