Tuesday, September 14, 2010

About 'Feeling Up' Brushes & Putting Paint on Canvas

I...am a dabbler. I dabble at this and I dabble at that.


I'm also a doodlerand yes, I've dabbled at drawing doodles ever since I could hold a pencil. I've wandered though art supply stores... fingering brushes, opening tubes of oilreverently inhaling their aroma. I've visualized finished pieces, and hung them in the recesses of my mind. I've spent a lot of time thinking, and yearning, and talking about putting a brush to canvas, but didn't... until the beginning of this year.


Hmmmm... and you know what? Painting make me feel goooood; more than goodit makes me feel euphoric!


I am out of control (Huge coming from someone who organises her spice cabinet alphabetically) and I LIKE it!


I don't have to paint like him, or her, or you, or them, or ANYONE!

I don't have to use a fucking brush if I don't want to!

I don't even have to know what I'm doing!!


Ladies and gentlemen!: Would you please join me in shouting at the top of your lungs:


"TESS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK SHE'S DOING AND SHE LIKES IT!"


Now go sniff some paint, take off all your clothes, and run around naked! You think I'm kidding, but I'm noooot



This is my first painting, and I wanted to share it with you.


'When I Close My Eyes' By: Tess



I have seen variations of this image, when I close my eyes, for as long as I can remember.

Are you afraid?

Am I crazy?

Do I have a tumor?

What does it mean?... I don't know!!


Translating this image to canvas was difficult, because I wanted it to be perfect, and it's not; but it doesn't have to beand we don't have to be...



Why are you still dressed?


Love,

Tess

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love it... I'm serious... and I'm nakkid... (kidding.. I'm at work they frown on that kind of thing here.. but in my mind, I'm makkid :) )

Seriously Tess... I really love it.. please post more of your work.. would love to see what you don't know what you are going to do next :)

Unknown said...

Tess, my darling,

I'm so happy that you posted your first painting. It is beautiful... just like you.

I agree with Kelly, please post more.

xoxo Shax

Suz said...

Tess, I am speechless. Your beauty and talent have no bounds.

Love you and learn from you.. everyday.

♥♥♥

Tess said...

Kelly, a) Thank you so much for you kind comment b) you need to find a new place to work ;)

Trixie - I ♥ you. Thank you for the encouragement... always.

Suz - My beautiful Suz. Each time I think of you, words don't do my thoughts justice. We need pancakes. LoveLoveLove.

Kaye said...

Tess I'm so happy you posted this...you know how much I love it.

Looking forward to seeing more of your "work".

xxoo